[strongSwan] "signal of type SIGINT received. Shutting down" ?

Hoggins! hoggins at radiom.fr
Thu Jan 25 16:28:42 CET 2018

Following the little diary of my experiments, here is what i believe I
found :

Because I'm doing traffic shaping at the output of my NIC (HTB with hard
capping), I believe that when there is a lot of outbound traffic in the
StrongSwan tunnel, it also clogs the available bandwidth for the whole
link, and... well, is it the DPD mechanism that can't get through fast
enough anymore, triggering a restart ? That's when bad things happen.

So I guess I should be able to define a specific prio for the packets
responsible for DPD / IKE. For that, I'm using the value ikedscp=101110
in my ipsec.conf, matching with an iptables rule to push the DSCP 0x2e
packets through a priority lane. But am I doing it right ?
Is there a better way ? What could I match to be sure that all the
signalling packets have a higher priority than the data packets ?

Thanks !

    Hoggins!