[strongSwan] Multiple VPN servers possible?

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Mon Jan 15 09:17:36 CET 2018

Am 14.01.2018 um 15:34 schrieb Noel Kuntze:
> Hi,
>
> A wrapper script or some patches to strongSwan and add a feature to VICI to specify a different destination IP for the CHILD_SA you want to initiate.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Noel
>
> On 12.01.2018 20:56, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> is it possible to configure several / multiple VPN servers as entry
>> points to a data center?
>>

>> My idea is to have several VPN servers with different IP addresses. The
>> client checks which one is available and connets to it to get a
>> connection to the data center.
>>

>> Is this scenario possible with strongswan? How? Or do I have to write a
>> wrapper script to dynamically reconfigure strongswan?
>>
>> Thanks for any hints in the right direction.
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Hi,

I also though about a wrapper script that checks the availability of the
VPN servers and controls strongswan to use the server that sends the
best answer. The definition of "best" would be fastest, closest, or some
other metric.

To whom would I have to talk to get strongswan patched to add this
feature to the souce code?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München