[strongSwan] IPSec Tunnel IP

Yusuf Güngör yusufyusufyusuf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:28:34 CET 2018

Hi Noel,

We have APs which located at various locations. APs get ip from strongswan.

We have to add the "rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0" to let APs connect. (We do not
know the APs private-public ip addreses)

We have to add the "rightsourceip=10.254.0.0/24" to give APs tunnel ip.

APs can get ip from the "righsourceip" pool successfully:

ipsec     primary tunnel ap tunnel ip           :10.254.0.1

But why peer tunnel ip is "1.1.1.127"

ipsec     primary tunnel peer tunnel ip         :1.1.1.127

We can establish vpn connections from APs to Aruba Controllers and that
time APs get ip addresses as expected:

ipsec     primary tunnel ap tunnel ip           :10.254.0.1

ipsec     primary tunnel peer tunnel ip         :<public ip of aruba
controller>

We are missing something?

Also, VPN connection to strongswan restarts about every 3 hours. AP
disconnect and reconnect because of packet loss. This should be subject of
another topic, i wrote if something is related with that.

Thanks for help.