[strongSwan] [strongswan - 5.3.0] : Generating Multiple resolv.con files

Sriram sriram.ec at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:22:16 CET 2018

Hi,
We are using strongswan - 5.3.0 in our linux device, which is a
strongswan client which works in tunnel mode with virtual IP.

It establishes tunnels towards two security gateways.
like for example

eth0.489(10.0.0.1) ------ 10.201.100.1(secgw1)
eth0.490(10.0.10.1) ------ 10.201.100.2(secgw2)

In strongswan.conf, under plugins sections.
    resolve {
                        file=/etc/resolvtunnel.conf
               }

when both tunnels are established I see that DNS servers pushed by secgw's
are appended in /etc/resolvtunnel.conf.
I want to know If it is possible to generate two resolv.conf files like for
secgw1, /etc/resolvtunnel_secgw1.conf and for secgw2,
/etc/resolvtunnel_secgw2.conf

Regards,
Sriram.