[strongSwan] How to use swanctl in docker after running charon as entrypoint?

Glen Huang heyhgl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:17:51 CET 2018

Hi,

I’m trying to put strongswan in docker, but the problem is I use swanctl, and I have no idea how to run swanctl in dockerfile after I run charon as entrypoint. Docker doesn’t have something like ExecStartPost that systemd has.

I searched in docker community and everybody said run command after entrypoint in dockerfile was the wrong approach, but given the dichotomy between charon and swanctl, I’m not sure how that can be achieved otherwise.

I wonder if it’s possible to ask swanctl to bring up charon and load-all in one go?

Regards,
Glen