[strongSwan] How to differentiate between strongswan kernel config and manual

manimuthu m a manilon.muthu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:37:50 CET 2018

Hi All,

I am wondering whether there is any way to differentiate between
strongswan SP and SA vs manually configured one.

In one of my previous mail, I was clarified that strongswan doesn't support
non-IKE sessions that is fixed SA configurations.

Is there a way to differentiate between non-strongswan SP and SA with
strongswan SP and SA in linux.

>From what i read in the latest version strongswan wont be using SPI less
than 0xC0000000. if that is the case, if for manual we restrict SPI less
than that we can easily differentiate SAs.

But how about SPs?

Linux as something called as index in SP? Would it be wise to set that
index to one for all manual SPs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manimuthu.