[strongSwan] Pre-shared secret and digital certificate simultaneously

karthik kumar kumarkarthikn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:26:23 CET 2018

You can have server (responder) authenticate itself using certificate and
client (initiator) authenticate using PSK

something like this,

client
  leftauth=secret
  rightauth=pubkey

server
  leftauth=pubkey
  rightauth=secret

Yes you put both the entries in ipsec.secrets

: RSA  <your_private_key>
: PSK <your secret>

Thanks