[strongSwan] pki --verify Command

Jafar Al-Gharaibeh jafar at atcorp.com
Sat Feb 10 21:30:20 CET 2018

Hi Andreas,

     Thank you for the clarification. I agree as a user you wouldn't
need this very often, but it comes in handy in some cases.

If I were to implement this, do you thing the existing behavior should
stay the same, unless you specify an additional argument?

So here are the options:

1- "pki --verify --in certfile"   stays the same if no additional
arguments are supplied
2- "pki --verify --in certfile "  change it to use the "default" trust
store if no additional arguments  are supplied

Independent of the first choice above, we can add new commands line
options to point to the paths of where
CA/crls are stored:
3-"pki --verify --in certfile --capath path-to-ca's --crlpath path-to-crls

4-Or we can change existing options --cacert and --crl such the if the
supplied argument is a directory we treat them as such and load whatever
CA's CRLs needed for verification.

Personally I like 2 and 4 together. Thanks for any input in advance.

Regards,
Jafar