[strongSwan] Strange garbling/mangling of EAP identity from certain clients

brent s. bts at square-r00t.net
Sun Dec 30 13:58:36 CET 2018

On 12/24/18 1:13 AM, brent s. wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> (SNIP)
>

> I'm noticing that when certain clients - so far I've seen it in iOS and
> Windows 10 - connect, they're sending garbled usernames to the RADIUS
> server...> (SNIP)

As an update, I have absolutely NO idea what caused this but it is
resolved. Sorry, future archive-surfers.

I uninstalled strongSwan on the responder and started fresh with a new
install and vanilla configs and worked my way back up from there and...
it's working fine now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well.

May you all have a happy new year!