[strongSwan] Unit test failure on Ubuntu package build

Florian Schäfer Florian.Schaefer at Sophos.com
Fri Dec 14 11:37:34 CET 2018

Greetings,

I am trying to repackage the Ubuntu strongSwan package (for future patch inclusion). Unfortunately, after the 64 bit build two of the unit tests fail:

 Running suite 'http fetcher':
    Running case 'GET': +++-
      Failure in 'test_get': service != NULL (suites/test_fetch_http.c:211, i = 3)
    Running case 'POST': ++-
      Failure in 'test_post': service != NULL (suites/test_fetch_http.c:250, i = 2)
    Running case 'response code': +++++
  Passed 1/3 'http fetcher' test cases

I've used the packages for ubuntu bionic from https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/strongswan. The buildsystem is a bit complex though, it's a sbuild/schroot in a docker container (based on debian stretch) running on a VMWare guest with debian stretch.

I write in the hope that you could point me in the right direction for diagnosing the problem. The same source with the same buildsystem (excluding the docker container) running on a VMWare guest with ubuntu 18.04 will build and test just fine, so I assume it's something in the docker part, or a difference between ubuntu and debian.

Kind regards
Florian Schäfer