[strongSwan] How to use af-alg plugin

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze at thermi.consulting
Fri Aug 10 20:43:26 CEST 2018

Hello,

The output of "./configure" only tells you what is built at build time, not what is loaded at run time.
They're complementary. You can't load a plugin that wasn't build. To be able to load a plugin, it has to be built and you need to have it.

Yes, af-alg does what you want. Your expectation to get stuff in the logs when it works is wrong. No crypto plugin ever prints anything regarding the usage, as long as nothing bad/critical happens.
You need to check the output of `ipsec listalgs` to see which plugin provides which algorithms.

Algorithms are provided by the plugin which provides them first relative to when the plugins are loaded when the daemon starts.

Kind regards

Noel

--
Noel Kuntze
IT security consultant

GPG Key ID: 0x0739AD6C
Fingerprint: 3524 93BE B5F7 8E63 1372 AF2D F54E E40B 0739 AD6C