[strongSwan] [strongswan-5.6.0] - Rekey issue

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Apr 26 09:48:55 CEST 2018

Hi Sriram,

> Apr 24 13:51:13 localhost charon: 00[DMN] signal of type SIGINT
> received. Shutting down

Hm, that indicates it's a regular shutdown.  So do you have any scripts,
cron jobs or other processes running on your system that might restart
the daemon for some reason or other?

> loglevel in the secgw is set as below,
> charondebug="ike 4, chd 1, *cfg 4*, net 1, enc 1, lib 1, *mgr 4*, knl 1,
> dmn 1" ,
> because of which I see lot of prints, is this logging keeping daemon
> very busy and eventually leads to restart ?

No and definitely not via SIGINT.  The only code that does send a SIGINT
is in starter, which uses it to terminate the daemon when it itself is
terminated (e.g. via ipsec stop/restart).

> In the security gateway, strongswan-5.6.1 compilation is not going
> through because of some python dependency.

What Python dependency?  I'm not aware of any Python-related changes
between 5.6.0 and 5.6.1.  As it does not seem to be a crash, using a
newer release might not change anything, but it would still be a good
idea to use the latest version.

Regards,
Tobias