[strongSwan] Strongswan. Address definition/Routing.

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Fri Sep 29 12:38:42 CEST 2017

If I could aware a star for disinformation, this one would get it.

1) The article about interoperability with Windows explains how to get routes working for crappy Windows clients.
2) As Anvar explained, leftsubnet sets the local traffic selector, which defines which destinations are allowed by the IPsec policies. Set leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0.
3) You can not only allow certain protocols through the tunnel without blackholing all other protocols, if the sender uses route basec IPsec.
4) You likely use libipsec. Stop doing that, it sucks. It is likely the cause of Android and other clients working, but not Windows with your wrong configuration, if you tested Android and other clients with leftsubnet=[IP]/32.

Kind regards

Noel