[strongSwan] 24/7/365 tunnel?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Thu Sep 14 12:21:38 CEST 2017

I’ve been playing with:

    type=tunnel
    auto=start
    dpdaction=restart
    dpddelay=2400s

which never worked. I’ve now changed this to:

    type=tunnel
    auto=start
    dpdaction=restart
    dpddelay=10
    dpdtimeout=60

and so far so good. Although I haven’t waited long enough, so I’m
going to let it be for the next few days to see if that works in the long
run.

Would it help to set ‘auto=route’ instead? Thing is, I need this link to
be started at boot AND be up 24/7/365 - I have a (bunch of) web apps
in London that need access to databases in Ireland to work.

I’m considering setting up DBs in London as well, but that will both
cost a small fortune AND replication/updates on the DBs will be
problematic. So I’d prefer a “perfect” link between them...