[strongSwan] why is the ${PLUTO_MY_SOURCEIP} empty

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Thu Oct 12 20:31:13 CEST 2017

Hi

What is your pretense? Charon does not manage VTI devices. You as administrator need to manage them. Either manually or via scripts. It also does not make sense
to have them managed by the keying daemon, because the common use case for them is to connect static sites and use dynamic routing over the tunnel.
Furthermore, you shouldn't use config mode or request VIPs at all, because they serve no purpose in site-to-site scenarios. Neither on the initiator, nor on the responder.

Kind regards

Noel