[strongSwan] Making pcrypt stick across boots

Eric Germann ekgermann at semperen.com
Mon Oct 2 14:38:01 CEST 2017

I started (in /etc/rc.local) with

/usr/sbin/modprobe tcrypt alg="pcrypt(rfc4106(gcm(aes)))" type=3
/usr/sbin/modprobe tcrypt alg="pcrypt(rfc4106(gcm(aes-aesni)))" type=3

That dropped me in to a reboot loop with Centos 7 on AWS.

I then moved to (in /etc/rc.modules)

modprobe tcrypt alg="pcrypt(rfc4106(gcm(aes)))" type=3
modprobe tcrypt alg="pcrypt(rfc4106(gcm(aes-aesni)))" type=3

No reboot loop, but no effect either.  I do ignore the output (saw that part of the doc on the site)

EKG