[strongSwan] StrongSwan reply to system in error case

Alexander.Camek at bmw.de Alexander.Camek at bmw.de
Wed Nov 22 15:12:13 CET 2017

Hi Noel, Hi all,

I am just looking for some replay action, such as:

a) Oh I could not generate my CHILD_SA, here you get a return code.
b) Oh I the certificate seems weird, here you get a return code.
Or
c) Oh something specific happens in my code, here you get a return code.

What I know, I get a bunch of log entries, such as:
10[ENC] parsed IKE_AUTH response 1 [ N(AUTH_FAILED) ]
10[IKE] received AUTHENTICATION_FAILED notify error

15[ENC] generating IKE_AUTH response 1 [ N(AUTH_FAILED) ]

However, do I get such things outside the log information as a direct reply from the code or strongSwan command tools?
On the other hand, do I get such information only by vici?

Thanks,

Alexander