[strongSwan] http proxy through tunnel

Joe Lippa joe at jjssoftware.co.uk
Sat Nov 18 12:55:38 CET 2017

Thanks to everyone for the input and suggestions.

I've setup something that works for my use-case: a LAN side shared socks5
SSH tunnel (which I can use as a proxy) using key file auth connected via
sshuttle. sshuttle prevents/avoids tcp over tcp SSH performance issues.

This is an easy low friction setup because the server side already has SSH
installed and I can leave all VPN configuration, network configuration,
iptables and routes as-is and it works as intended. In short the VPN
continues to work as-is and the SSH tunnel works alongside it transparently.

There's more info here for anyone interested:

https://github.com/apenwarr/sshuttle
http://sshuttle.readthedocs.io/en/stable