[strongSwan] Remote Attestation through Cisco ASA

Mario Maldonado mario.aj.maldonado at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 00:18:21 CET 2017

Andreas, many thanks for your email.

I have now managed to get that working, performing attestation through the
ASA using the PT-TLS protocol!

Does it have to be kicked off using the command line utility pt-tls-client?

I couldn't find any documentation for the tnc-pdp plugin. Can I use it to
setup a gateway, deciding to allow the device onto a network if it passes
(like that of your IMA wiki example) with an ipsec.conf file, or is it just
geared around receiving the pt-tls-client request and performing the
integrity measurement verification? I can see the measurement pass or fail
but I'm struggling to see how I can set something up to periodically ask
for that measurement and if not successful, not allow the device onto my
network.

Regards,

Chris