[strongSwan] Failure connecting VICI socket: permission denied

Terry Fu terryfcc at icloud.com
Wed Nov 8 08:53:43 CET 2017

Hi Jafar,

You are right!
After I allowed user “frr” to access “charon.vici”, the error message is gone.

Now I’m getting this error message.

2017/11/08 15:41:45 NHRP: VICI: StrongSwan does not support mandatory events (unpatched?)

I installed tteras’ patched version of strongswan.
However I’m not sure how to tell if it’s properly installed.

I got it from git:   git clone git://git.alpinelinux.org/user/tteras/strongswan
Then I used the “autogen.sh” script, then “configure", then “make; make install”.

Not sure if I have done anything wrong, or missed anything.

Is there a way to validate that Strongswan is properly patched and installed?

Regards,

Terry