[strongSwan] Is it possible to create two VTI devices with the same local and remote ip address but different mark?

tszephay Field tszephay at gmail.com
Fri May 19 15:45:59 CEST 2017

Hi guys, sorry for my bother.

I have tried it on linux like this:

*ip tunnel add vti1 mode vti local 1.1.1.1 remote 1.1.1.2 ikey 1 okey 1*

*ip tunnel add vti2 mode vti local 1.1.1.1 remote 1.1.1.2 ikey 2 okey 2*

It creats successfully.

And this will fail:

*ip tunnel add vti3 mode vti local 1.1.1.1 remote 1.1.1.2 ikey 2 okey 2*

So, if I understand correctly, linux support this feature.

Now I want to know is it really work well for strongswan?

*one mark, one vti, even all the local and remote ips are the same.*