[strongSwan] VPN Performance over WAN (jitter)

Ganesh Reddy K ganeshreddyk at gmail.com
Sat May 13 16:03:08 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I have one suggestion , i think the low rate is because of intermediate
routers between 2 sites.

You can also try. The other way, disable the ipsec tunnel between twi sites
and have only simple forwarding.

It can give some clue of either delay with network path(can not be avoided )

Regards,
Ganesh

On 12 May 2017 9:18 pm, "Christian Hanster" <christian-hanster at gmx.de>
wrote:

> On 12 May 2017, at 14:00, Mirko Parthey <mirko.parthey at web.de> wrote:
>
> On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:52:52AM +0200, Christian Hanster wrote:
>> I measured connection speed without VPN and it is nearly 92 MBit/s Down
and
>> 10MBit/s upstream from the limiting side. So the connection between the
two
>> routers does not seem to be a problem.
>
> Please check if your 10MBit/s uplink is saturated when you are running a
> download via IPsec.
Yes, I checked this too and the upload is not saturated at all (there is
only a slightly change of 0,75 Mbit/s).

Regards,
Christian