[strongSwan] fails to retry after DNS failure

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Mon May 8 10:23:35 CEST 2017

Hello Daniel,

That's not a bug, that's intentional behaviour.
Charon stops trying to initiate or negotiate when a permanent error
is encountered that it can not handle by itself. Use auto=route, if you
need to make sure CHILD_SAs are reinitiated when they're down,
but needed. There's no option to force retrying in any case.

Closeaction only applies to CHILD_SAs getting closed and dpdaction only to dpd timeouts.
So obviously neither applies.

Kind regards,
Noel