[strongSwan] SWAN leases runtime API

Victor Voronkov VVoronkov at trustwave.com
Mon Mar 20 09:07:11 CET 2017

Hi, we plan to deploy Strongswan 5.5.1 to connect from mobile devices via VPN to our cloud service.

We MUST identify the user by tunnel virtual IP (get SAN from the client certificate or authenticated username)
We also interested in one pool for cluster of VPN servers

We enabled sql plugin, compiled the sources and found out that leases are stored in DB upon release,
as a history, not as runtime as it presented via CLI

Questions:
- How can we get connection info upon tunnel establishment? (except CLI, DB? any API?)
- Can we assure multiple VPN servers configured to work with the same pool in common DB will assign unique virtual IPs?