[strongSwan] VPN for iOS 10, "deleting half open IKE_SA after timeout"

Klaus Bernpaintner klaus at bernpaintner.com
Fri Mar 17 01:45:58 CET 2017

Excellent Tobias, now it connects!
Thank you.

The only remaining question is how to get to the internet beyond the VPN server. I am using it to appear with a different IP address. After connection nothing is reachable. I use this configuration:

—

config setup
        charondebug="cfg 2, dmn 2, ike 2, net 2"

conn %default
        keyexchange=ikev2
        leftsendcert=always
        ikelifetime=60m
        keylife=20m
        rekeymargin=3m
        keyingtries=1

conn ios10
        leftid=server
        leftcert=peerCert.der
        rightauth=eap-mschapv2
        leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
        rightsourceip=192.168.10.0/24   ### Added this to get an IP address
        rightdns=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4        ### Added this to get DNS servers
        auto=add

--

Also, I ran these commands to enable forwarding (found on a different site):

# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_redirects
# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects

But I still cannot reach anything beyond the VPN server.

Any ideas?