[strongSwan] Configuring an IKEv2 endpoint with PAM authentication

Prez Cannady revprez at opencorrelate.org
Sat Mar 11 12:53:22 CET 2017

I'm currently stuck trying to configure strongswan to support road warriors and for workstations operated by other remote users.  I believe I accomplish this with IKEv2, EAP and xauth-pam.

To that end:

1. I've setup an Ubuntu 16.04 box,
2. installed strongswan, strongswan-plugin-xauth, strong swan-plugin-xauth-pam, and strongswan-plugin-xauth-eap, and
3. generated the key and X.509 certificate for the endpoint

I've yet to touch /etc/ipsec.conf, /etc/ipsec.secrets or /etc/strongswan.conf.

Right now, I'm not sure what to do next. I'd appreciate any pointers to example configurations that may come close to try I'm achieve, or some indication that I'm going down a rabbit hole.

Prez Cannady
e: revprez at opencorrelate.org <mailto:revprez at opencorrelate.org>
h: https://revprez.github.io <https://revprez.github.io/>