[strongSwan] is kernel-libipsec supporting native IPv6 ESP?

Peter Bieringer pb at bieringer.de
Thu Mar 9 21:42:00 CET 2017

Hi Noel,

Am 09.03.2017 um 19:56 schrieb Noel Kuntze:
> It can't work, as explained by various threads on the mailing list,
> because Linux doesn't implement UDP encapsulation for IPv6 yet.

Client is Windows 10 mobile, server is Linux, IPv6 is global 1:1 (no
NAT), so no UDP-enc is required.

> libipsec gets packets from the same socket as the IKE part of charon.
> There's no socket listening for ESP. That's because the use case for libipsec
> is as part of the Android app.

Hmm, if charon should receive the native IPv6-ESP, then strace should
detect that imho.

Unfortunately I'm currently unable to test native IPv4-ESP because of a
missing 2nd box with a public IPv4 address (and my Fritz!Box is using
IPv4-UDP-ESP, not IPv4-ESP).

Regards,
	Peter