[strongSwan] Strongswan internal DNS-resolution

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Sat Jul 22 01:49:15 CEST 2017

Hi Dusan,

I took a "quick" look at the code[1] and it seems the DNS names are only resolved once the result replaces the original destination.
So it has nothing to do with caching. Just with a disadvantageous design decision.

Kind regards

Noel

[1] https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/blob/master/src/libcharon/sa/ike_sa.c#L1470