[strongSwan] IPSEC remote access routing

dusan at comhem.se dusan at comhem.se
Mon Jan 30 09:40:56 CET 2017

Hi,

I have just masked the IP-adresses for security reasons, and nexthop just means that my gateway is using multipath routing (load balancing)

I have disabled table 220, Strongswans now puts it's routes in the main routing table and in this table is also the multipath default routes. That's why I don't understand why the traffic defaults out on the incoming IPsec interface, when this interface has a lower priority. The Linux kernel is handling the routing correct for local network devices, using the highest prioritized route, but not for IPsec clients.