[strongSwan] How to retrieve remote certificates

John Brown jb20141125 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:25:51 CET 2017

Hi Tobias,
Sorry for delay, I didn't notice your message.

In the meantime my experiments has shown that the problem was not
associated with certificates at all. This message about bad signature was a
result of missing some strongswan basic plugins (so it was an unexpected
strongswan installation problem!), all the certificates involved in
authentication had valid signatures.

But extracting the certificates from log can be useful in future, I'm going
to try your advice. I'was trying "enc 4" before but could not find the
payload I was interested in - now if I know that they are in logs for sure,
I'm going to pay more attention during searching the logs.

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
John