[strongSwan] swanctt + dhcp + dns

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Mon Dec 18 22:59:00 CET 2017

(sorry for premtaure send, and then send from different address)

 kjonca-h7QdYz1kt/Q at public.gmane.org (Kamil Jońca) writes:

> Noel Kuntze
> <noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml-eJe4+7AOuxYyzzc7d281tti2O/JbrIOy-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg at public.gmane.org>
> writes:
>
>> 1. Did you test it?
> Yes.
>> 2. I wrote before that you can not pass the assigned DNS server you
>> get via DHCP.
> Yes, I mixed-up two things, and was innacurate. My fault, sorry.
>

>> You can use a pool though to pass it as an
>> attribute. Read the manual for swanctl.conf. The syntax is mentioned
>> there.

Finally I think  I found the problem.

Basically I want to have configuration like

https://www.strongswan.org/testing/testresults/swanctl/dhcp-dynamic/index.html

and as we can see in this test case DNS are passed to client and
installed via resolvconf.

But in my configuration I have "resolve" plugin turned off, and make
changes regarding DNS with updown script.

But with swanctl config DNS environment (PLUTO_DNS4_1) variables are not
passed to updown script :( and this made problem in my configuration.

These variables are removed intentionally in swanctl  ?
KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html
No yak too dirty; no dumpster too hollow.