[strongSwan] Monitoring stronswan

Michael Stiller ms at 2scale.net
Thu Dec 14 11:40:15 CET 2017

Hi.

What i do is, that i have another strongswan setup on (another) monitoring machine.

This one tries to connect to the vpn server periodically using a special "monitoring user / monitoring command”.

After the connection succeeded i do a “curl” to an "ip address mirror” and compare it with the expected value (e.g. address of the vpn server)

If not -> alarm.

Best regards,

Michael

--
2scale GmbH, Schanzenstr. 20, 40549 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht: 		Düsseldorf HRB 50718