[strongSwan] Validating Local Host Own Certificate

Jafar Al-Gharaibeh jafar at atcorp.com
Thu Dec 7 07:44:18 CET 2017

Hi,

    I have noticed that when configuring the local certificate in a
connection via :

    leftcert=cert.pem

   The certificate is loaded and trusted without validating it through
CA/trust-chains. Is this behavior documented anywhere? digging through
documentation I only found old email references  to this. Is this the
expected behavior? Is there a way to force one's own certificate
validation when loaded/used? i.e/ cert.pem above has to be validated
through a CA tustchain.

Thanks,
Jafar