[strongSwan] MTU problem?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 16:10:48 CEST 2017

hi everyone

I'd like to ask - how MTU affects link/connection of a
tunnel if MTUs on both ends are different?

I'm asking because I'm seeing behaviour, symptoms which I
think relate or are directly caused by:

_Aclient(auto=1500) <=> server(out iface auto=1500), server
other iface 10.10.10.100(mtu=8192)

_Aclient vpns in fine, server's
rightsourceip=10.10.10.220,10.10.10.221 and server is
pingable from _Aclient as any other node on 10.10.10.0/24
is, but!
_Aclient cannot ssh to the server nor can to any other node
on 10.10.10.0/24

Normally I'd blame, with high certainty, MTUs but because I
only begin looking at Strongswan I'm looking for experts to
share few thoughts and advices.

many thanks, L.