[strongSwan] AWS VPC VPN HA Connections

Dave Smith agentsmith77 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 13:00:40 CEST 2017

hi all,

I've got connectivity working fine from the multiple guides around for
connecting strongswan to AWS VPC VPN service. However as far I can see all
these guides revolve connecting to only one of the AZ. As you may know the
config from AWS supports HA (2Avail Zone).

When connecting up the second availability zone (such that they have
different rightip, but same rightsubnet) 100% packet loss occurs. I assume
this is related to a routing issue, but struggling to determine how this
should be configured when not using BGP (as in this case it's undesirable)

System being used is latest RHEL7.3 and strongswan 5.4.0

thanks in advance.