[strongSwan] Strongswan site2site tunnel

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Wed Apr 5 20:06:03 CEST 2017

On 05.04.2017 10:23, Filip Maroul wrote:
> Hello users of strongswan,
> I am new to strangswan. I prepare some config files for both sites but I am confused with ip address on externel site. I have only one public IP on the othere site is no public IP it is possible to make tunnel work ?

Does the route to the other host only go through private IP space then? There has to be a public IP
on the remote peer at some point, even if it's at some NAT gateway.

You obviously can't address a host over the internet by its private IP.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658