[strongSwan] Question about charon.interfaces_ignore/charon.interfaces_use

Michael Wages michael.wages at lexmark.com
Tue Sep 27 19:53:18 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to configure StrongSwan on a Linux platform that has three
interfaces (for simplicity, I'll call them a, b, and c). I only want to do
IPsec on interface a and I want interfaces b and c to be unaffected. In the
strongswan.conf file I added the line interfaces_ignore = b,c to the charon
subsection. However, I am seeing that traffic going to interfaces b and c
are still attempting to negotiate IPsec. Conversely, I tried interfaces_use
= a and still saw the same result.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

*Michael Wages*