[strongSwan] ipsec routes removed when interface down and not reinstated

Alexander Hill alex at hill.net.au
Mon Oct 31 10:20:39 CET 2016

Hi Noel,

Just a followup to this:

charon monitors changes to interfaces and IP addresses and tries to recover
from any changes. If for example I unplug my network cable while a wifi
connection is active, the route to the virtual subnet is removed by the
kernel and re-added by charon on the correct interface.

The case where no new route is immediately available is a corner case, but
I don't think one that doesn't deserve to be handled in the same way.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Alex