[strongSwan] uniqueids=yes when only one IP in Virtual IP pool

Pavel Zhovner pavel at zhovner.com
Sun Oct 23 14:27:41 CEST 2016

Hello.
Thank you guys for your great work.

I have one roadwarrior connection and want to always assign static ip
to this client.
So I setup one IP address in Virtual IP pool.

Here is my ipsec.conf:
----------------
config setup
    uniqueids=yes

conn laptop
    rightsourceip=10.0.0.1/32

Sometimes client lose connection and it stuck on server side until
dead peer detection timeout.

When client trying to reconnect while connection is still alive on
server side it get this:
peer requested virtual IP %any
pool '10.0.0.1' is full, unable to assign address
no virtual IP found for %any requested by 'laptop'