[strongSwan] $PLUTO_HOST_ACCESS variable

Vukovics Mihály vm at informatik.hu
Mon Oct 3 11:53:12 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to fix that issue, that the responder works as a gateway and
and a server, thus not only the FORWARD rules needs to be added but the
INPUT rules also. The pluto interface(eth1) has only SSH/IPSEC ports
enabled, other services listening on another interface(eth0).

The packects coming from the RW not accepted (eth1), and want to add
dynamic rules as the FORWARDs.

So I was checking default updown script invoked by leftfirewall and
found that $PLUTO_HOST_ACCESS variable is used some times, but not
initialized in the script.

    if [ -n "$PLUTO_MY_SOURCEIP" -o -n "$PLUTO_HOST_ACCESS" ]
    then
      iptables -I INPUT 1 -i $PLUTO_INTERFACE -p $PLUTO_MY_PROTOCOL \
          -s $PLUTO_PEER_CLIENT $S_PEER_PORT \
          -d $PLUTO_MY_CLIENT $D_MY_PORT $IPSEC_POLICY_IN -j ACCEPT
      iptables -I OUTPUT 1 -o $PLUTO_INTERFACE -p $PLUTO_PEER_PROTOCOL \
          -s $PLUTO_MY_CLIENT $S_MY_PORT \
          -d $PLUTO_PEER_CLIENT $D_PEER_PORT $IPSEC_POLICY_OUT -j ACCEPT
    fi

Where from is getting its value?

--
Tisztelettel: