[strongSwan] Fwd: Re: FritzBox to Strongswan

Mirko Parthey mirko.parthey at web.de
Thu Nov 24 20:35:40 CET 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 06:11:18PM +0100, post at daniel-pomrehn.de wrote:
> >>I'm trying to connect a FritzBox to a Strongswan Linux Server.
> >>But I get the following error: no IKE config found for
> >>138.201.84.186...77.11.69.219, sending NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSE
> >
> >Please check the server's logfile for "received proposals" and
> >"configured proposals".
>
> which logging options will I have to set? I can't find any proposals message
> in the logs.

in /etc/ipsec.conf:
config setup
	charondebug = "cfg 2"

or in /etc/strongswan.d/charon-logging.conf (modify as you like it):
charon {
    filelog {
        /tmp/charon.log {
            cfg = 2
        }
    }
}

> >Can the server resolve the DNS name of the FritzBox to its
> >current IP address?
>
> Yes, it can be reached.

I meant you should resolve the FritzBox name to an IP address.
Run this on the server:
$ host dyn.fritzbox
  dyn.fritzbox has address a.b.c.d
Then initiate a connection from the FritzBox and check the server logs
if the connection originates from a.b.c.d or from a different address.

Which strongSwan version are running?
You may have to update.
I had a similar setup working with strongSwan 5.5.0.

Which FritzBox? Does it have the latest firmware installed?

It would be easier to help you if you provided logfiles!

Regards
Mirko