[strongSwan] Same credentials, different IDs

Alexander Hill alex at hill.net.au
Tue Nov 22 01:41:21 CET 2016

Hi list,

I have many effectively identical roadwarrior clients being assigned
dynamic virtual IPs. What I'd like is to have clients use the same
certificate/key, but identify themselves differently (e.g. by their
hostname). Essentially I just want each client to be able to give itself an
arbitrary id so that when I do `ipsec leases` on the server, I can see
which device is which, without having to reissue certificates or assign a
new PSK every time a device is added to the fleet.

Is there any way of achieving this?

Cheers,
Alex