[strongSwan] strongswan4.5.2 <--> cisco router with RRI (remote route injection)

John Brown jb20141125 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:50:38 CET 2016

Hi all,

 Does anybody has some experience in StrongSwan working with cisco
router which has to do Remote Route Injection?

I was able to have working RRI on cisco router when I've configured
leftsubnet=1.2.3.4/32 on StrongSwan side.

But using leftsubnet is a small problem on our device as (as far as I
know) it is required to install this IP on the ethernet interface and
"something" whould have to do this depending on the configuration and
so on.....

A propos. Using loopback for this purpose does not work for me
(problem with installing route ip route table 220). Am I missing
something?

I would prefer to use virtual ip for that (eg. leftsourceip=1.2.3.4)
cause it would be installed automaticly. But is this possible?

Regards,
John