[strongSwan] Sending INIT_CONTACT during "ipsec up .... "

Marko Burazin morkitz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:18:28 CET 2016

Hi Tobias,

Couldn't the peer identity be stored locally in the client after receiving
the certificate from the peer in IKE_AUTH response, even if the parameter
rightid=%any ?

Sorry for asking possibly annoying questions, but I would like to
understand more on whether it's possible to use INIT_CONTACT anyway... Is
there any reason to prevent that kind of implementation?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Marko.