[strongSwan] Sending INIT_CONTACT during "ipsec up .... "

Marko Burazin morkitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:10:33 CET 2016

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the answer.

I thought that somehow the peer identity is stored internally in the client
after the peer responds...
Considering what you said, why then if I use a rightid parameter like this:

rightid="C=*, ST=*, O=*, OU=*, CN=*"

using wildcards does indeed result in sending the INIT_CONTACT in the
IKE_AUTH request...

Shouldn't the same apply when you use wildcards then ? Because in this case
also is not determined on what the exact peer identity is, but still the
INIT_CONTACT is being sent...?

Regards,
Marko.