[strongSwan] Why doesn't table 220 change forwarded packets source IP address?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sun Nov 6 15:10:04 CET 2016

Hi Richard,

the table 220 source IP routing rule applies to packets originating
from the VPN gateway itself, only . If you want roadwarriors from a
subnet behind the GW to assume this address then you have to NAT them
to the GW's address. Since the table 220 rule usually maps the GW's
source address to the local interface on the subnet I don't see
the sense of the roadwarriors belonging to this subnet to assume
the gateway's internal address.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org