[strongSwan] Windows, IKEv2 and "pushing" routes

Mario Lipinski mario.lipinski at iserv.eu
Thu Nov 3 17:34:37 CET 2016

Dear list,

According to documentation on StrongSwan-Wiki article at
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7
it should be possible to deploy routes to Windows clients when using an
IKEv2 VPN with DHCP.

While this seems to work when using L2TP, I cannot get it to work with
IKEv2. I tested on Windows 7, Windows 10 and briefly on Windows 10 Phone.

The connection gets established and using the VPN is possible. However,
I cannot find any DHCPINFORM request on the server side (either in the
DHCP server or in packet dumps).

Is it known to work at all?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Mario Lipinski

IServ GmbH
Bültenweg 73
38106 Braunschweig

Telefon:   0531-2243666-0
Fax:       0531-2243666-9
E-Mail:    info at iserv.eu
Internet:  iserv.eu

USt-IdNr. DE265149425 | Amtsgericht Braunschweig | HRB 201822
Geschäftsführer: Benjamin Heindl, Jörg Ludwig