[strongSwan] Strongswan[5.4.0] unix:///var/run/charon.vici

rajeev nohria rajnohria at gmail.com
Wed May 11 13:50:30 CEST 2016

Andreas,

I appreciate helping me out.  Now I am making progress with Charon running,
Not sure why it was stopping before.  I am getting following error now, I
am going over my config files. Hopefully I will find the issue.

rnohria at ubuntu:~$ sudo swanctl --load-conns
06[LIB] OpenSSL X.509 parsing failed
06[LIB] building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 4 builders
loaded 0 of 1 connections, 1 failed to load, 0 unloaded

Question:

Can I use Strongswan to make connections dynamically, not via config file.
For config file we need to know information beforehand. If I don't know all
the information beforehand like local and remote IP address. Is there any
interface exist in Strongswan to support dynamic connection.

Thanks,
Rajeev