[strongSwan] DHCP flood

Daniel Flynn daniel.flynn at me.com
Thu Mar 24 18:58:34 CET 2016

Good Day Tobias,

Thank you for the response. A little update. I was able to resolve the "DHCP storm” issue by eliminating the rightsubnet declaration.

I did notice that if leftsubnet was NOT everything (0.0.0.0/0), the client would not pick up the DNS server from the strongSwan peer. Perhaps this is worthy of another thread.

My clients are the native iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 IKEv2 ones.

Anyway, the short of it is that it is now working as expected, even if I don’t understand why the client struggles to get the DNS server from the strongSwan peer if the leftsubnet is not 0.0.0.0/8.

Thank you so much for the help.

Regards,

Dan