[strongSwan] Best way to connect?

Tech tech at thebarnards.biz
Tue Mar 15 17:39:54 CET 2016

Hi All,

I have a Plex media server running on an Ubuntu 14.04 server that I need to permanently connect by IPSEC to my remote Ubuntu 14.04 server in the U.K.

The remote server is already running StrongSwan and I have tested it using the StrongSwan OS X app.

I would appreciate advice on how best to create a permanent and persistent connection from my local Ubuntu server to the remote server in the U.K.

I have tried  the Gnome NetworkManager Applet, but I have found it difficult to configure.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus